Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful family and friends, but I'd like to take today to recognize my mom. Here are just a few of the things I am thankful for about my mom:
- the way we continue to draw closer to one another, even with 3000 miles between us;
- my mom's loving and wonderful heart
- the love my mom feels for her children and how I know she would give her eye teeth for every one of us, including those that she's "adopted"
- her honesty
- her gentle prodding during my formative years, yet letting me find my own direction in life
- her health...I've been too close to losing her two too many times before
- her faults...because, after all, that's part of what gives us character right?


I found a poem that stated very well what is in my heart today and every day. So here it is:

You Were There
You were there when we took our first steps,

And went unsteadily across the floor.
You pushed and prodded: encouraged and guided,
Until our steps took us out the door...
You worry now "Are they ok?"
Is there more you could have done?
As we walk the paths of our unknown
You wonder"Where have my children gone?"
Where we are is where you have led us,
With your special love you showed us a way,
To believe in ourselves and the decisions we make.
Taking on the challenge of life day-to-day.
And where we go you can be sure,
In spirit you shall never be alone.
For where you are is what matters most to us,
Because to us that will always be home...
- Author Unknown.


So, Mom, I hope you enjoy your birthday. I love you and wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but know that I will be celebrating with you in spirit!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

No comments: