- My last year of college I played on the Women's Rugby Team in the position of hook, more affectionately known as the "hooker". We had a fantastic year and made it to the Regional championships, where I believe we came in 2nd. I wish I would have joined the team earlier because it was a great experience.
- I didn't get the joy of going to a theme park or riding a roller coaster until I was 22, on our Rugby team's trip to Six Flags Great America in San Jose. I have since had a love affair with roller coasters and try to get on them at least once a year.
- I'm a pretty crafty person, but my all time favorite craft is crochet. There was a period a year or so ago that I crocheted around 7 or 8 blankets in the course of a year. When I decided to take a few months off, I actually went into withdrawals!!! Well, at least it's a healthy addiction:)
- In the 30 or so crochet projects I've worked on over the years, the only thing I've ever made for myself is a washcloth...and that was just a few weeks ago.
- I, like MamaK, LOVE shoes!!! I used to be a straight loafer girl, but then I found DSW and it's all been downhill from there. Now I can't get my feet into enough pairs of fun shoes. My favorites are Steve Madden (for his classic funk) and LifeStride (for their comfort).
- I love to cook for others (my boyfriend, friends, family, etc.), but no so much for myself. I hate spending a bunch of time cooking a meal, then eating it by myself.
- My all time favorite food is Mexican. REAL Mexican, not Tex-Mex, or Southwestern...I'm talking handmade tortillas and the like. Authentic Mexican restaurants are difficult to find on the East coast, but I've lucky enough to find a few...yummy!
- I hate, no, absolutely DETEST the game of Monopoly. We had family game night when I was a teen and I was made to stay up till all hours of the night to play Monopoly, which I knew I wouldn't win (I don't think I ever did). So I doubt that I'll ever play Monopoly again until, perhaps, when I have kids and I can play the non-wheeling and dealing type of game:)
- I love to travel to other countries and experience different cultures and different kinds of food. I've had the great privilege to try all sorts of different foods, albeit not always so tasty. I've had zebra, eland, crocodile, horse, goat, lotus flower, octopus (sort of), and lots of other weird stuff. And in every country I visit I absolutely MUST try the ice cream. My favorite ice cream was in Italy...gelato...mmmmmm!
- I love to paint rooms in houses. I don't know why, maybe it's the fumes, but I find it relaxing and fun.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I've been tagged by Dirkey to list 10 weird or random facts or habits about myself. So, here goes...