Tuesday, May 13, 2008

For all the Moms out there, this one's for you

I heard about this article on the radio today. Although many (if not all) of my regular readers know that the value/worth of a mother is absolutely priceless, I think it's worth sharing this article. It's interesting what Salary.com has done. They have calculated what SAHMs and working moms would get paid for their "mom" duties...IF they actually got paid. LOL.

Read the whole article and you'll see how many hours moms work each week. It puts a little perspective around how much the moms out there (working and stay at home) actually do for their families and children. This is just ONE of the many reasons we need to celebrate and thank our mothers on Mother's Day!

I have always believed that the most important job in the world is being a mom. I'm not even a mom yet! Although this article is just concrete dat and doesn't capture all of what any mom does, I'm hoping that by sharing it here we can open the eyes of the people who think SAHMs have it easy.

3 comments:

kitten.mom said...

In my Sociology of Marriage and Family class they actually had this in their text book. I thought it was pretty funny. (-: I guess thats what makes women very different than men. We can handle more. (-:

Dirkey said...

I love this!

mama k said...

If only... :)